Saturday, March 30, 2013

Billboards and Bumper Stickers


Traveling the Long and Winding Road

Car bumpers can yield a lot of wisdom if we simply pay attention.
Now it seems, billboards have gotten into the act!

I spent approximately 20 hours in the car this Spring Break.
Those interstates can get a wee bit monotonous
if you let them.

I did not.
Since I had to focus on keeping the car between the navigational beacons;

I missed some of the most profound billboards and bumper stickers.
But much to my happiness my 13 year old occasionally took a break from his ipad; taking in the 1200 plus miles of literary scenery as well.

One of several I missed and he was kind enough to share,  

"Wherever I go, there I am."
Simple, yet insightful.

This I-95 billboard brought out some pretty philosophical queries
from my seventh grader.
Of course this got me thinking...

When I don't like something about myself,
I can't just go somewhere else,
because it, and me, will be there.

This suggests to me that we alone have to deal with who we are.
If there's something we don't like,
only two options are available:
accept it or change it.

I ask:
Do you find the you, that you like, wherever you go?

Take Care,
Coach Curley






No comments:

Post a Comment