Thursday, March 14, 2013

Things We Don’t Like, Not Doing



Things We Don’t Like, Not Doing

How often do you catch yourself talking about things you hate to do.

Actually, my list is small and includes things like:
Driving on I-4. 
Weighing in at the doctor’s office.
Waiting in line. (explains the first one on my list)

Yet we do them because…
Well, I’m not sure why we do them.
I guess we do them because,
as my kids say, “we’re ‘sposed’ to.”

I think we should give equal time to the things we don’t like, NOT doing.
These would include:
Eating whatever I want.  (up until the last couple years this has not been a problem)

Going “full-tilt” in all sport activities. (to borrow a phrase from a great movie… I’m writing checks, my body just can’t cash)

Staying up late. (nothing like staying up past bedtime watching an old JAMES BOND movie, but darn I feel like heck in the morning).

Some things we no longer do, 
because we can’t.
Others, we no longer do not because we can’t,
but because we’ve chosen not to.

Guess when all’s said and done,
life’s just a series of choices we make.

Me… I'll choose to talk about things I like to do.

Are you making the right choices in your life!

Take Care,
+Coach Curley

No comments:

Post a Comment