Friday, March 22, 2013


WHAT in the WORLD AM I DOING?

Here is the typical life - typical, though not everybody does it this way.
But for the most part, lives generally go something like this:
Born
Eat and sleep
Play with toys
Go to school
Play little league, hopefully a swim team as well…
Go to school
Learn to drive
Date
Go to school
Leave high school
Go to more school
Date some more
Get a job
Get married
Buy a house
Have kids
Watch your kids eat, sleep, play and go to school
Work, work, and work
Retire
Die

That’s the basic life, isn’t it?
Please don’t email me.
I know there is more to it, but that is about it for some folks.

What I believe sets the thriving apart is that they don’t just live the average life.
They don’t just pass time.
They have something compelling in their life that drives them - something 
that gives them an answer when they are asked that question:  
What in the world are you doing?

  • I’m helping children.

  • I’m creating a business that supports many families.

  • I lead a church.

  • I am defending our liberties.

  • I am raising great children.

  • I’m teaching others to improve their lives.

  • I help people have fun.

  • I create memories for people.

In other words, flourishing people always come down to this: 
I help other people by (fill in your purpose here).

What in the world am I doing?
I believe if you want to be successful, you need to be able to answer that by describing how you help others.
Because if you aren’t helping others - if you aren’t making a difference – you’re just taking up space, eating food, and waiting to pass.

Here’s the question for all of us to answer this week:  What in the world are we doing?

If you know, then you are good to go - live it and make a difference!

If you don’t know, then maybe you need to give some reflection on what you are doing,
what your life is about,
and how you can burst out of the mundane bubble you live in!
After all, don’t you want to know what in the world you are doing here?

Take Care,


No comments:

Post a Comment