Friday, March 1, 2013

Givers and Takers

How many times have you heard,
“There are two kinds of people in the world.”?
I bet more than just a couple.

In fact, there are many kinds of two different kinds of people:
Winners and non-winners,
Happy and sad,
Those that think they can, and those that think they can’t.

And there are givers and takers, today’s topic.


+Shakespeare once wrote,
“Either a giver or a taker be.”

Most of us are both, depending on what we’re giving or taking,
but we’re not both at the same time.

Self-esteem is a good example.
Happiness is another.

Positive outlook is one more.
I either have it, or I don’t.

If I have it, I can give it away.
If I don’t have it, I can’t give it away,
but perhaps I can receive it from someone who has it and is willing to share.

I believe the understanding comes in knowing when to be which.

Did you give away something today? 

Or take something from a giver?
 
Take Care,
+Coach Curley



“Either a giver or a taker be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment