Sunday, April 28, 2013

Enthusiasm


Enthusiasm



"It" means living life with passion and zeal.
From what I understand the word
originated from the Greek adjective "enthous,"
which means, "possessed or inspired by God.

"It" was evident the weekend of April 26-28th.

570 athletes visited our pool.
I saw "it" in their eyes.

We had 60 or more volunteers:  Officials, Timers, Computer Operators. 
I observed "it"  for hours on end.

And we had 6 coaches bust their tails preparing,
conducting, and tiding up afterward.
I both witnessed and participated in “it”.

The weekend wasn't easy, but nothing worth doing ever is.

I truly believe “it” is one of the most
powerful engines of success.
And I trust close to 1000 lives are better
from what occurred this past weekend.

Relationships were forged,
Lessons were learned,
Teams were built,
all stemming from the spirit of “it”.

As Emerson once wrote ”nothing great was ever
achieved without enthusiasm."

“It”/Enthusiasm equals greatness.

Take Care and Thanks,






No comments:

Post a Comment